To Setup and configure Shared Folder From Linux to Windows Follow the Below Steps :-
- Install Samba Package on OS using the below command.
- rpm -ivh samba Or yum install samba
- After Install The Package configure Username and password using the below command :-
- smbpasswd -a oracle ( Or Any other user you want to share folder with )
- On Linux Side –> Create Directory using mkdir /u01/share.
- edit vi /etc/samba/smb.conf and configure the file to allow share to the above folder.
path = Folder_path
available = yes
valid users = User_will_user_folder.
read only = no
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
- Restart Samba Services –> service smb restart
- On Windows you can access the folder using Run –> \\Linux-Ip and enter the username and password.
Published by Osama Mustafa
Osama considered as one of the leaders in Cloud technology, DevOps and database in the Middle-East. I have more than ten years of experience within the industry. moreover, certfied 4x AWS , 4x Azure and 6x OCI, have also obtained database certifications for multiple providers.
In addition to having experience with Oracle database and Oracle products, such as middle-ware, OID, OAM and OIM, I have gained substantial knowledge with different databases.
Currently, I am architecting and implementing Cloud and DevOps. On top of that, I'm providing solutions for companies that allow them to implement the solutions and to follow the best practices.
View all posts by Osama Mustafa