The Situation like the following when we was trying to install SIEBEL On RAC 12C its took 10 hours for importing 2 database which is usually takes 2 hours at max, storage was NFS , enabled DNFS for sure.
simulate the following case :-
- On single node , 2 hours like usual.
- On RAC 12c using DNFS file system 10 hours.
- On RAC 12c using DNFS but single node of RAC took 10 hours.
- On RAC 12c using local file system and single node 10 hours.
- Install oracle 11gR2 RAC and try it again took 4 hours using ASM on DNFS.
Using SLOB didn’t see anything related to storage issue.
After investigation and a lot of working without tuning on 12c it’s took 1 Hour and 37 min.
The problem with two different way :-
- Heartbeat not configured correctly.
- SIEBEL Installation should not run with Index parallel option.
Published by Osama Mustafa
Osama considered as one of the leaders in Cloud technology, DevOps and database in the Middle-East. I have more than ten years of experience within the industry. moreover, certfied 4x AWS , 4x Azure and 6x OCI, have also obtained database certifications for multiple providers.
In addition to having experience with Oracle database and Oracle products, such as middle-ware, OID, OAM and OIM, I have gained substantial knowledge with different databases.
Currently, I am architecting and implementing Cloud and DevOps. On top of that, I'm providing solutions for companies that allow them to implement the solutions and to follow the best practices.
View all posts by Osama Mustafa