In this post i will show you how to delete the container with all the objects in it, we are using storage container to configure Oracle Cloud backup and store database backup in it, But if you want to delete this container oracle cloud will not allow you to do this because the container should be empty.
there are different way to do this all of them using command line, the way are :-
- Web Console — working only if the container is empty.
- RESTful API
- Java Library
- Oracle Storage Cloud File Transfer Manager CLI
- File Transfer Manager API
Each one of them having it’s own advantage and disadvantage you can check oracle documentation foe this from here
Let’s talk about FTMCLI it’s very simple and easy to use it you should have JRE 7 or later download from here
and Download FTMCLI From here
- Now to make it simple as you can when you download put everything in one folder extract them
- inside FTMCTL zip file you will see files called ftmcli.properties”, this file allow you to save the storage name and configuration of Storage cloud if you do this it will not necessary to add it each time in the command line i prefer to do this, trying to do it once better to do it each time, the file having different parameters like this :-
- auth-url :- URL of your Oracle Storage Cloud
- user :- Your user name.
- service :- The cloud service name.
- identity-domain :- The name of your identity domain.
- storage-class :- default standrad or you can change it to archive
- max-threads :- The maximum number of threads to be used in a request.
- retries :- The number of times that a request must be retried in case of failure.
- segment-size :- The segment size in MB.
- segments-container :- The container in which the segments must be stored during the upload process.
You can get all the information from the console –> Storage cloud –> Details.
- Now Let’s using the command line on your PC open cmd or ssh depend on your operating system if you having Linux you need to set the export the following Check the documentation here :-
- export FTM_AUTH_URL
- export FTM_USER
- export FTM_SERVICE
- export FTM_IDOMAIN
- using this command java.exe -jar ftmcli.jar –help you can see how to use the FTMCLI file.
- My container on Oracle storage cloud called DBBackup so i want to delete with the below command ;-