In This Post i will show how to create backup for Dbaas :-
- Open the Oracle Database Cloud Service console.
- Click the database deployment for which you want to create a backup.
- Click the Administration tile.
- Click Backup Now and then confirm the action.
Or you can use the command line by connect to your compute node as root use and run the following command :-
- To create a backup that follows the current retention policy
# /var/opt/oracle/bkup_api/bkup_api bkup_start
- To create a long-term backup
# /var/opt/oracle/bkup_api/bkup_api bkup_start –keep
# /var/opt/oracle/bkup_api/bkup_api bkup_status
Rentation in the cloud like the following :-
- Both Cloud Storage and Local Storage: 30 days, with the 7 most recent days’ backups available on local storage
- Cloud Storage Only: 30 days
- Local Storage Only: 7 days
Enjoy the cloud
Published by Osama Mustafa
Osama considered as one of the leaders in Cloud technology, DevOps and database in the Middle-East. I have more than ten years of experience within the industry. moreover, certfied 4x AWS , 4x Azure and 6x OCI, have also obtained database certifications for multiple providers.
In addition to having experience with Oracle database and Oracle products, such as middle-ware, OID, OAM and OIM, I have gained substantial knowledge with different databases.
Currently, I am architecting and implementing Cloud and DevOps. On top of that, I'm providing solutions for companies that allow them to implement the solutions and to follow the best practices.
View all posts by Osama Mustafa
2 thoughts on “Create Backup On Demand On the Cloud”
When we run following command are we creating a full backup ? /var/opt/oracle/bkup_api/bkup_api bkup_start –keep
Oracle training Oracle Training in Chennai Best Oracle training In Chennai Oracle Course in Chennai Oracle Institute in Chennai