- Create a key pair.
- Choose a compartment for your resources.
- Create a cloud network.
- Launch an instance.
Choosing a Compartment
- The first resource you create is the cloud network. Open the navigation menu, click Networking, and then click Virtual Cloud Networks.
- Select the Sandbox compartment (or the compartment designated by your administrator) from the list on the left, as shown in the image. If the Sandbox compartment does not exist, you can create it as described in Creating a Compartment.
Create a cloud network.
- Open the navigation menu, click Networking, and then click Virtual Cloud Networks.
- Click Start VCN Wizard.
- Select Create VCN with Internet Connectivity, and then click Start VCN Wizard.
- Enter the values depends on what you want press next.
Launch an instance.
- Open the navigation menu and click Compute. Under Compute, click Instances.
- Click Create instance.
- Enter a name for the instance, for example: <your initials>-Instance. Avoid entering confidential information.
- In the Placement section, accept the default Availability domain.
- In the Image and shape section, make the following selections:
- In the Image section, accept the default, Oracle Linux.
- In the Shape section, click Change shape. which will allow you to choose the instance size.
- In the Networking section, For Primary network, leave Select existing virtual cloud network selected and For Subnet, leave Select existing subnet selected.
- Select the Assign a public IPv4 address option. This creates a public IP address for the instance, which you need to access the instance. If you have trouble selecting this option, confirm that you selected the public subnet that was created with your VCN, not a private subnet.
- In Add SSH keys section, generate an SSH key pair or upload your own public key