Today some customer contact me complaining that they are trying to sync the development with UAT, when i check the issue everything was normal for the first time, but the alert logs indicate that database could complete the checkpoint.
so this what i did to make the import faster ( which i completed it as well ) :-
- Change database to no archive mode.
- increase sga_target temporary.
- use parallel command depend on cpu core.
- Use commit=N with import parameters.
- you can exclude indexes by exclude=indexes but i don’t prefer this at all.
- increase db_cache_size.
This simple steps that could help someone to make import little faster or solve hang issue.
let me know if you need anything 🙂
Merry Christmas guys