The Object Storage service provides reliable, secure, and scalable object storage. Object storage is a storage architecture that stores and manages data as objects. Some typical use cases include data backup, file sharing, and storing unstructured data like logs and sensor-generated data.
Creating a Bucket
- Open the navigation menu and click Storage. Under Object Storage, click Buckets.A list of the buckets in the compartment you’re viewing is displayed.
- Select a compartment from the Compartment list on the left side of the page.A list of existing buckets is displayed.
- Click Create Bucket.
- Bucket Name
- Default Storage Tier: Select the default tier in which you want to store your data
- Standard is the primary, default storage tier Use the Standard tier for storing frequently accessed data that requires fast and immediate access.
- Archive is the default storage tier used for archive storage, Use the Archive tier for storing rarely accessed data that requires long retention periods. Access to data in the Archive tier is not immediate. Archived data must be restored before the data is accessible.
- Object Events: Select Emit Object Events if you want to enable the bucket to emit events for object state changes. For more information about events.
- Encryption: Buckets are encrypted with keys managed by Oracle by default, but you can optionally encrypt the data in this bucket using your own Vault encryption key. To use Vault for your encryption needs, select Encrypt Using Customer-Managed Keys
Uploading Files to a Bucket
To upload files to your bucket using the Console:
- From the Object Storage Buckets screen, click the bucket name to view its details.
- Click Upload.
- In the Object Name Prefix field, optionally specify a file name prefix for the files that you plan to upload.
- If the Storage Tier field displays Standard, you can optionally change the storage tier to upload objects to.