This is Bug 9707317.
Posting Performance issue caused by Rule Hint being hard coded in the glsasi.lpc file.
The program uses the “/*+ rule */” hint, but it should be using “/*+ CHOOSE */” or none, which is shown in the tkprof’d trace file explain plan.
Also the wrong index is being used, it is using GL_ACCOUNT_HIERARCHIES_01 when it should be using the GL.GL_ACCOUNT_HIERARCHIES_U2 index.
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
1. Download and review the readme and pre-requisites for the relevant patch.
For 12.0.x patch 9707317:R12.GL.A
For 12.1.x patch 9707317:R12.GL.B
Note: If a password is required to download the patch, please open a service request to get the proper password.
2. Ensure that you have taken a backup of your system before applying the recommended patch.
3. Apply the patch in a test environment.
4. Confirm the following file versions:
For 12.0 Patch 9707317:R12.GL.A
src/post glpmai.opc 120.21.12000000.2
src/summary glsasi.lpc 120.3.12000000.2
For 12.1 Patch 9707317:R12.GL.B
src/post glpmai.opc 120.24.12010000.1
src/summary glsasi.lpc 120.3.12010000.1
You can use the commands like the following:
strings -a $XX_TOP/filename |grep ‘$Header’
5. Retest the issue.
6. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.