To Setup and configure Shared Folder From Linux to Windows Follow the Below Steps :-
- Install Samba Package on OS using the below command.
- rpm -ivh samba Or yum install samba
- After Install The Package configure Username and password using the below command :-
- smbpasswd -a oracle ( Or Any other user you want to share folder with )
- On Linux Side –> Create Directory using mkdir /u01/share.
- edit vi /etc/samba/smb.conf and configure the file to allow share to the above folder.
path = Folder_path
available = yes
valid users = User_will_user_folder.
read only = no
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
- Restart Samba Services –> service smb restart
- On Windows you can access the folder using Run –> \\Linux-Ip and enter the username and password.