Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use with the ApacheDS. It is an Eclipse RCP application, composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded with additional ones.
Step 1: Create a New Connection in Apache Directory Studio
- Start up Apache Directory Studio.
- Click the LDAP icon to create a new connection.
Step 2: Enter your Connection Information
- Enter a name for your connection.
- Enter the ‘Network Parameter‘ information as follows:
|Hostname||The domain name for your LDAP server. If the LDAP server is not on the same network as Crowd, you may need to use the FQDN or IP address of the LDAP server.|
|Port||For normal LDAP connectivity, use 389. For SSL connectivity, use 636.|
- Click the ‘Check Network Parameter‘ button to ensure your connection is successful.
Step 3: Enter your Authentication Information
- Choose the ‘Authentication Method‘ from the dropdown list.
- Enter the ‘Authentication Parameter‘ information as follows:
|Bind DN or user||Enter the full DN of the account that will be used to connect to the LDAP directory. This account should have the ability to browse the entire LDAP directory tree.|
|Bind password||Enter the password for the Bind DN account.|
3. Click the ‘Check Authentication‘ button to ensure this account can authenticate.
4. If this authentication is successful, click ‘Finish‘.
Once the authentication done successfully, you can connect to the Directory services and start browsing the Base DNs for the users.