In this post i will discuss how to move your Azure resource to another account, subscruiption or even another resource group.
when we are talking about resource we mean by that, disk, vm, IP, interface .. etc let’s say everything you create it, it’s consider as resource.
Sometimes you asked to moved your resource to another subscruiption but in my case i need to orgazine the infrastrcutre and make it much more easier to manage by create different resource group, do this it’s very simple step, you can do it either using Azure CLI, Powershell or GUI.
To do this just follow the screenshot :-
- Login to Azure portal here.
- From the Dashboard as you see below choose from the left panel –> Resource group
As you see from the below
- new windows will be opened which the resource group that you have, just choose which one you want by pressing on it, choose from the list , export template
- Once you choose this option, Azure will start Generating the template, but it will take some time depends on your resource group and how much resource it has, once it’s finished press Download.
- Congrats, now you are having your resource as JSON file.