Azure provides two primary services to monitor the health of your apps and resources.
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Service Health
maximizes the availability and performance of your applications by delivering a comprehensive solution for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry from your cloud and on-premises environments. It helps you understand how your applications are performing and proactively identifies issues affecting them and the resources they depend on.
also it can collect data from different source such as application, operating system, and platform .. etc. for example the following will explain what i mean :-
|What it’s monitor||Description|
|Application monitoring data||collect data about performance and functionality of the code you have written, regardless of its platform.|
|OS monitoring data||Data about the operating system on which your application is running.|
|resource monitoring data||Data about the operation of an Azure resource.|
|subscription monitoring data||Data about the operation and management of an Azure subscription|
|tenant monitoring data||Data about the operation of tenant-level Azure services such azure AD.|
Azure Monitor starts collecting data. Activity Logs record when resources are created or modified and Metrics tell you how the resource is performing and the resources that it’s consuming, You can extend the data you’re collecting into the actual operation of the resources by enabling diagnostics and adding an agent to compute resources, also with Azure Monitor you can extend the monitoring to be for example :-
- Application Insights is a service that monitors the availability, performance, and usage of your web applications, whether they’re hosted in the cloud or on-premises.
- Azure Monitor for containers is a service that is designed to monitor the performance of container workload
- Azure Monitor for VMs is a service that monitors your Azure VMs at scale, by analyzing the performance and health of your Windows and Linux VMs
How it’s works ?
Alert :- from the name it will notify the admin to about the erros or thereshould to take corrective actions,Alert rules based on metrics can provide alerts in almost real-time, based on numeric values. Alert rules based on logs allow for complex logic across data, from multiple sources.
AutoScale :- uses Autoscale to ensure that you have the right amount of resources running to manage the load on your application effectively.
Azure Service Health
provide personalized guidance and support when issues with Azure services affect you. It can notify you, help you understand the impact of issues, and keep you updated as the issue is resolved.
What is the plus about Azure Service health :-
- Azure Status provides a global view of the health state of Azure services
- customizable dashboard that tracks the state of your Azure services in the regions where you use them.
- Helps you diagnose and obtain support when an Azure service issue affects your resources
And Enjoy the Cloud