To do this follow the below steps :-
- Database should be configured on VIP.
- Listener should be configured on VIP.
- Database , Configuration should be installed on Shared Storage
- inventory Files should be on shared storage as well.
- ORACLE_HOSTNAME Should be set to VIP Hostname.
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = VIP-HOST )(PORT = 1521))
Don’t forget to set the LOCAL_LISTENER Parameter :-
SQL> alter system set local_listener=’LISTENER’;
SQL> alter system set local_listener='(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = VIP-HOST )(PORT = 1521)) ‘;
emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
Test the failover on node #2
if for some reason when you try to start emctl and the error still asking for oc4j then export ORACLE_HOSTNAME is bash_profile.
It should work